Triad - CIT, Librarians, and Administrators
Focus on Science today since their students were weak in this area of content
- Cener for Applied Research in Educational Technology - CARET - http://caret.iste.org/
- Educational and Library Research Services - and http://www.ers.org/
- 21st Century Skills - Teacher as "Orchestrator of Learning"
- Clip - "Shake it Up" from Teacher Tube
- Clip - "Blogs in Plain English"
- Will Richardson has some great information
- Educause Learning Initiative - www.educause.edu/eli/
- Class Blogmeister - http://www.classblogmeister.com/ - for student blogs with high level of security - posts and comments are approved by teacher - email David Warlick for a school code to register at classblogmesitern- works for all classrooms in your school
- Edublogs - http://www.edublogs.org/ - no teacher control of student created blogs in this site - but has a wonderful interface and is great for the classroom.
- NISD Video Support for Edublogs - www.pavenet.org/Edublogs.org/Edublogs.org.html - learning blogging via video
- Powell ES - Math Specialit's blog on Hands-on Equations with Student Video - http://powellmath.edublogs.org/
- Luna MS - Blogs as Book Reports with student Audio - http://lunabooktalks.edublogs.org/
- Holmes HS, Stevens HS and Warren HS - Cuban Missle Crisis - Propoganda -http://propaganda.edublogs.org/2008/03/12/comment-here-on-cold-war/#comments
Elementary Science Blog
- Worked in teams or triads - investigating a curricular blog based on Elementary science objectives. They used both Class Blogmesiter and Edublogs
- Triad Model - Started with the end in mind - improving achievement in science and writing.
- Not adding to the teacher plate - used the unit that was already being used in science - Ocean Ecosystem
- Worked from Essential Questions
- Class Blogmeister Version - done with administrators - to build their capacity in blogging www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1101588newlimit=25
- Edublog Version - http://oceane035788.edublogs.org/
- Used real world experience from the Texas Newspaper to begin the lesson - an oil spill off the coast of Texas
- Make a Prediction Post
- The Food Chains Post
- The Food Chain Disturbed Post
- Narrative Writing Post
- What Can You Do? Post
- Using blog along with the materials they are already using in the lesson
- Blogs lend themselves beautifully to differentiated instruction
- Made a special effort to have a web publication form in place as students began to use blogs for their class work.
- Located databases and web sites suitable to 4th graders reading abilities prior to the unit using the assistance of the library media specialist
- EBSCO database was used - also could translate all articles to another language to work with ESL students
- Britannica Links - Britannica Online
- Library Databases
- Related Links - www.nhptv.org/natureworks/nwep6d.htm and http://oceanlink.island.net/biodiversity/foodweb/foodweb/html as examples of related links
- Streaming Videos - http://www.discoveryeducation.com/
- We formed Triads - administrator, CIT, Librarian
- We made comments about the ocean oil spill
- My new partners are: Kristal and Adrienne from Courtry Club Hills, IL
- Both are principals or asst. principals making decisions on the use of Blogs with their teachers and teacher teams.